What is this Duck thinking

Pics
I sent this out to some friends with the note: "Rhiannon dropped a few feathers and patched them up with "Olive Tree" (tm) fix-a-flat.
gig.gif

I already know what these ducks are thinking... "7 Degrees!!!! - hey it has just barely started getting cold, our metabolisms aren't up to speed yet! I'm staying inside unless you have meal worms or maybe for a couple seconds if I get hungry or thirsty. You can clean the the house at 2pm when it is warmest, otherwise leave us alone.

I already know what these ducks are thinking... "7 Degrees!!!! - hey it has just barely started getting cold, our metabolisms aren't up to speed yet! I'm staying inside unless you have meal worms or maybe for a couple seconds if I get hungry or thirsty. You can clean the the house at 2pm when it is warmest, otherwise leave us alone.

I do not blame. That is icky cold. Our bodies may be ok with all the feathers but our webs are bare.

Awe, sweet babies. I bet it felt so good. An oasis.
They like that straw! Yesterday that is most of what they did. Sit in the straw. Overnight it hit about -5F and as soon as the door opened, they came out, had a sip of water then laid down on the straw. Mid-day they were walking around a bit but they are getting a reminder of what winter means here. Here is a shot from a few minutes ago (single digits and dropping). Their house is like a giant brooder
lol.png
. You can see they aren't crowded in the center, so they aren't too bad off.

Edit: I also gave them all new bedding today so it would be softer and warmer.

Last edited:
That is beyond
They like that straw! Yesterday that is most of what they did. Sit in the straw. Overnight it hit about -5F and as soon as the door opened, they came out, had a sip of water then laid down on the straw. Mid-day they were walking around a bit but they are getting a reminder of what winter means here. Here is a shot from a few minutes ago (single digits and dropping). Their house is like a giant brooder :lol: . You can see they aren't crowded in the center, so they aren't too bad off. Edit: I also gave them all new bedding today so it would be softer and warmer.
Awe, that is really touching, Tony. Just how much you care for and provide for your sweet duckies. They loved the comfort of the straw and then their softer and warmer bedding in their house. Very sweet:)

They like that straw! Yesterday that is most of what they did. Sit in the straw. Overnight it hit about -5F and as soon as the door opened, they came out, had a sip of water then laid down on the straw. Mid-day they were walking around a bit but they are getting a reminder of what winter means here. Here is a shot from a few minutes ago (single digits and dropping). Their house is like a giant brooder
lol.png
. You can see they aren't crowded in the center, so they aren't too bad off.

Edit: I also gave them all new bedding today so it would be softer and warmer.
thumbsup.gif

Back
Top Bottom