What is this Duck thinking

Pics

When Donald Photo Bombs your picture... Lol
lau.gif

"Would that device happen to be a meal worm dispenser?"
(Adorable ducks!! What breeds are they?)

Oh, I should've known. Look at those cheeks! I have a Donald, too. He's a Pekin. Jealous you have a Magpie! That's one of the two breeds I hope to add to my flock.

My Donald is a particularly Special little boy.

When he hatched into this world, I hand raised him with his brothers and sisters. Then unfortunately 4 months later when he was getting a little randy in the pond the other ducks mis took his man hood for a worm and really pecked and pulled it. I felt so sorry for him. Then I noticed his penis wouldn't go back inside and I had to separate him as the others wouldn't stop attacking it, It then went grey and then black. I took him to the vets and they gave me two choice - Put him down or 50/50 Surgery. I obviously opted for surgery even after being prewarned that he was high risky for surgery as water fowl don't do well under anaesthetic . Anyway He had the surgery and within 5 mins of coming round from his op to remove the dead tissue he was stood up pruning himself.
Then spent 2 weeks in the house only allowed to have drinking water so not water to bath in and still separated from his friends. All healed well and he went back with his friends. When he was home recovering though I got him out of his cage every evening and let him sit with me watching tv but for what ever reason he loves sitting right next to your face it was so adorable.

I love that little boy to bits he means so much and the operation wasn't cheap either at 175 GBP ! When I ask him for a Kiss he will actually give you a little peck on your cheek, I swear thats no word of a lie
love.gif

Last edited:
My Donald is a particularly Special little boy.

When he hatched into this world, I hand raised him with his brothers and sisters. Then unfortunately 4 months later when he was getting a little randy in the pond the other ducks mis took his man hood for a worm and really pecked and pulled it. I felt so sorry for him. Then I noticed his penis wouldn't go back inside and I had to separate him as the others wouldn't stop attacking it, It then went grey and then black. I took him to the vets and they gave me two choice - Put him down or 50/50 Surgery. I obviously opted for surgery even after being prewarned that he was high risky for surgery as water fowl don't do well under anaesthetic . Anyway He had the surgery and within 5 mins of coming round from his op to remove the dead tissue he was stood up pruning himself.
Then spent 2 weeks in the house only allowed to have drinking water so not water to bath in and still separated from his friends. All healed well and he went back with his friends. When he was home recovering though I got him out of his cage every evening and let him sit with me watching tv but for what ever reason he loves sitting right next to your face it was so adorable.

I love that little boy to bits he means so much and the operation wasn't cheap either at 175 GBP !
Thank you for sharing. Donald is a special boy!

Back
Top Bottom