What is *THIS*?! Frankenchicken

You guys are a crack up!!

I pinged the person I got the eggs from and she’s at a total loss. She’s also breeding for blue egg color so most of her bird build off of Ameraucanas and Cream Legbars. She has no Turkens and never has.

I’ve got enough projects going on around here so if anyone in NorCal wants a cuddly, naked, mullet-sporting project roo, message me.
Doesn't look any thing sort of a naked neck or cross with one anyway.
I'd ask if she's had any frizzles or frazzles. There's something genetically with them, frazzle to frazzle breeding that can give you a bird that looks like it's suffering from severe molt, permanently. I don't see any frizzle type feathering in that bird but it's got some genetic defect anyway. I'm sure the bird will get along just fine, harder on the pullets being featherless.
Naked necks either are, or are not, no in between, and that bird has no naked neck. Just how the NN gene works. And even crosses that have half the gene are naked on the neck and elsewhere (half the legs, breast, vent, feathers cover up a lot more naked then they look), no fuzz, heck they don't even have hair, and smooth in the naked spots. A cross will have a bowtie, feather patch on the front of neck, but still a actual naked neck. Depending on the cross, whether clean neck NN or bowtie Nn, will give you a percentage of nn, completely feathered birds can't even tell they have naked neck in them.
So there is no, maybe it has some naked neck in it? cause it's ,
IT'S SHEDDING IT'S CLOTHES :eek:
:lau:gig:lau

Cool looking bird anyway. I had a funny one with a jersey giant polish cross, didn't look like either.

:hit I'm in Hawaii, Dept of Ag is the problem :barnie without the proper paperwork & quarantine & certifications, it's a $250K fine plus jail time :rant Thank you 007Sean for the offer ;) I really wish someone would raise him & keep us updated :pop

:hit I'm in Hawaii, Dept of Ag is the problem :barnie without the proper paperwork & quarantine & certifications, it's a $250K fine plus jail time :rant Thank you 007Sean for the offer ;) I really wish someone would raise him & keep us updated :pop
Yeah, I just look at your profile to see your location, bummer :th....for shipping I mean but I was serious about doing it. I'd hate for someone to get it and we will never know what it looked like grown. I raise pheasants and can't/ won't chance introducing a disease to my birds. (I'm not saying he has a disease) but we all know how they can be carriers.

Darn! I’d have done it, too!

I’ll totally ship him once he’s older and I’ll even go halfers on the box with whoever wants him. I’d love to see what he grows into.

I’m in city limits so I only keep my special-needs, old lady flock here. Hobby breeding flocks are on my family’s property and they will KILL me if I ask for another project pen.

Yeah, I have a soft spot for oddballs and rarities.:yesss:
I’m a sucker, too. It doesn’t hurt that he’s a love bug. My 3-year-old thinks he’s the bees knees and named him “Chicken Wing” :love

But alas my inner adult keeps reminding me he cannot stay. He cannot stay. He cannot stay. :barnie

Wait a minute is it a pullet or cockerel? IF it's a pullet, she won't crow & lay eggs, OP could keep her for eggs. In fact, just went back to look at pics, didn't see the close up one when I first saw the post, yup it's an EE (pea comb & leg color) It maybe your BLUE EGGER :fl You can keep saying "He can't stay" BUT you KNOW you WANT to keep HER:hugs If it's a him, worry about it at that time ;)

Back
Top Bottom