What is *THIS*?! Frankenchicken

Pics
View attachment 1341305 Update: So the little dude is 11 weeks old and just started getting feather quills poking out in most of his naked areas. His neck and chest still have many bald patches and he still has a crazy mullet.

I’m surprised he’s actually feathering and blown away that it took 11 weeks for him to start!

View attachment 1341306
View attachment 1341308
Weird! It's like he put all of his energy into growing and only later realized he would be needing feathers. But he's still pretty cute, feathers or no feathers. I hope you find him a nice forever home.

View attachment 1294280 Hi folks, need help with this strange little creature. I hatched my own polish, EEs and threw in some purchased EE eggs in for good measure.

Fast forward 6 weeks from hatch and I have this creature. He’s MASSIVE and towers over the other EEs, he’s the weight of 6 Polish the same age and...well...the obvious. He’s naked.

Don’t know if he’s from my birds or purchased eggs but my birds have never produced anything like this before out of hundreds of chicks I’ve hatched (BW Ams over F3 EEs).

Any idea what he is and why he’s so naked? TIA!!

ETA a closeup of him a few weeks ago
View attachment 1294333

I have one just like this that came out of a batch of Black Australorps. I'm sure this is a genetic mutation or anomaly but I haven't tracked it down. It seems that the same thing can happen to parrots. Again, I'm still looking. My little guy(?) is smaller than the others but I assume it's because the bird has to spend more energy here in Michigan to keep warm. I'm sure the legs look gangly and long just because of the lack of feathers

Attachments

• IMG_5721.JPG
    IMG_5721.JPG
    671.6 KB · Views: 8

Back
Top Bottom