What is this????? Goose poop not normal!!!

She has already been tested for parasites and anything else by the rescue I’m working with she’s was given the all clear it is rubbery but not bloody does not look like intestinal lining at all. And the rehab wasn’t sure so I just thought I’d ask
Inside looked like really fine food and little grey/pink around but was not intestines I’m thinking that because of her age and not laying eggs there’s no way she could already have a reproductive infection she’s been properly isolated. Google pics of lash eggs look similar but not really it wasn’t as full or red. She is to be released this week and I was just wondering if anyone has seen this in a gosling this young? Or if it’s just undigested food and mucous

She’s a rescue I’ve had her since 1-2 days old
She was on starter unmedicated with 20% protein for first 2 weeks now is on water fowl food with grass she’s indoor mainly with fresh bedding everyday with pine to absorb moisture but upper layer to cover access to pine access to water 24/7 water is filtered as cleaned 3 times a day
Her age is 3 weeks
But yes I am working with a rescue and taking proper precaution they’ve tested for parasites and found nothing so cleared her and then this morning that showed up so I’m just asking for advice if you have any.

If you saw some pink in there and she isn’t eating any strawberries or anything with a pink/red pigment pink indicates a lower digestive issue. Parasite testing often has false negatives so testing isn’t always accurate.

Most common cause of lower intestinal issues is coccidia, you could put her on a five day round of corid and it should take care of it if it is coccidia.

Ya the issue is the rescue did a fecal float and it was completely negative so they won’t condone treatment without confirmation

Another fecal float. Corid isn’t an antibiotic so it won’t negatively affect the immune system. It works by inhibiting coccidia’s ability to absorb thiamine, thus killing the parasite.

Keep in mind that administering B vitamins including thiamine in conjunction with corid will render corid treatment completely pointless.

Back
Top Bottom