What is This? Help!

@FireGal How is she doing?

Honestly, I’m sort of at an impasse. Her wound is the size of a quarter and completely filled with infection. I have cleaned it and tried to get out all I can; but at this point she is sore and I am hurting her. The infection is deep.
I have a real problem causing her pain when she doesn’t understand why I’m hurting her; but if I don’t hurt her she won’t get better.
She has such a huge heart and such gumption. She fell when she was about 12 weeks old and hurt her leg. We wrapped and splinted it (firefighter/paramedic husband and son) and she got better but she still limps and her balance isn’t the best. She goes everywhere and does everything her sisters do, just a little slower.
I just don’t know if I can get all the infection out. I really don’t think I can, even with all that we are doing. I think it’s too deep and too much— and if it is, then I am hurting her in vain.

Honestly, I’m sort of at an impasse. Her wound is the size of a quarter and completely filled with infection. I have cleaned it and tried to get out all I can; but at this point she is sore and I am hurting her. The infection is deep.
I have a real problem causing her pain when she doesn’t understand why I’m hurting her; but if I don’t hurt her she won’t get better.
She has such a huge heart and such gumption. She fell when she was about 12 weeks old and hurt her leg. We wrapped and splinted it (firefighter/paramedic husband and son) and she got better but she still limps and her balance isn’t the best. She goes everywhere and does everything her sisters do, just a little slower.
I just don’t know if I can get all the infection out. I really don’t think I can, even with all that we are doing. I think it’s too deep and too much— and if it is, then I am hurting her in vain.
:hugs I'm sorry things are not going so well.
Is vet care an option?

You may need to consider antibiotics in addition to cleaning all the pus out.

I agree with you in considering her overall health/long term recovery too. Sometimes we have to make hard decisions.

That is so good to hear,, sometimes oral antibiotics help too , I know I use a garlic infused oil I make at home but that's minimum 3 max 5 days until it's ready, and it's pretty simple just the 2 ingredients a garlic clove and olive oil but might be able to use coconut oil, but use it on us humans or earaches, sinus infections and toothaches and any wound care that doesn't require a doctor, noticed it had a mild numbing effect kinda like Ambesol, dog and cat we use it their ears and wound care

I dont know what it is but there is pain meds for chickens. Im glad she is better. If you havent gotten it all yet try squirting some betidine with a syringe and maybe it will flush or at least help kill some of the bacteria then when she isnt as sore you can go round 2 w/ her. After all that pack the hole w/ antibiotic ointment.

Back
Top Bottom