What is This? Help!

Pics

FireGal

Chirping
Aug 27, 2019
Northeast Arkansas
i found this on my Mosaic today. I thought it was poop at first because the other girls roost higher than she does. I tried to wash it off. Keep in mind she has black skin, but it’s obviously not poop.
Is this just a sore I can treat or is this really bad?

Attachments

• 5A1C1710-A781-463E-9C8B-D4C9463C30DE.jpeg
    5A1C1710-A781-463E-9C8B-D4C9463C30DE.jpeg
    352.5 KB · Views: 35
Okay, so I soaked it and the hard black part fell off. There was hard yellow ick under it, which we managed to clean a good bit of. After soaking, cleaning, rinse, and repeating for about a half hour, I decided that was as much as she take. We put antibiotic cream on it and now she is in our little isolation kennel with food and water

I sincerely hope I have helped her and not hurt her. She didn’t complain, not even once. Follow up pic of the after...

Attachments

• 6DCDB56F-5992-45D7-A0F0-558A72FEF0AF.jpeg
    6DCDB56F-5992-45D7-A0F0-558A72FEF0AF.jpeg
    515 KB · Views: 21
Okay, so I soaked it and the hard black part fell off. There was hard yellow ick under it, which we managed to clean a good bit of. After soaking, cleaning, rinse, and repeating for about a half hour, I decided that was as much as she take. We put antibiotic cream on it and now she is in our little isolation kennel with food and water

I sincerely hope I have helped her and not hurt her. She didn’t complain, not even once. Follow up pic of the after...
You are doing good!
O.k. that yellow cheesy stuff - that is chicken pus. You will want to work on pressing that out. Take your time, you may have to work on that for a couple of days. Flush well in between with saline, betadine or Hibiclens. See if there may be some impacted feathers in there, hard to know what's caused that. If you find curled up feathers, use a sterilized needle to try and work them up and pluck them out. After you express the pus and flush, reapply your triple antibiotic ointment.

upload_2019-10-6_18-40-27.png

Back
Top Bottom