What is this I am seeing in the frypan?

Moochie

Songster
9 Years
Nov 8, 2010
North Edwards
Sometimes when I cook my girls' eggs I see a red dot. Or sometimes I'll see a white spot in the yolk.
Like this red dot had a white line connected to it to the yolk, it was outside of the yolk. Sometimes the red dot is more like a blob depending on egg but still pretty small.
I'm thinking fertilized egg? As for the white spot, same?

I just googled it
sad.png

I sorta wanted to be hopeful my girls' had fertile eggs
barnie.gif

Quote:
1 roo for 27 hens (going from your sig line) probably has him spread a bit thin. But also a hen can be fertile up to a month after breeding sooooo even if he didn't get EVERY girl EVERY day they might still be fertile.

Generally the suggested ratio is one roo per 10 hens. (My roo has 9 girls)

Quote:
1 roo for 27 hens (going from your sig line) probably has him spread a bit thin. But also a hen can be fertile up to a month after breeding sooooo even if he didn't get EVERY girl EVERY day they might still be fertile.

Generally the suggested ratio is one roo per 10 hens. (My roo has 9 girls)

We actually have 3 but the other 2 are still cockerells. There's the giant cochin and I have no idea when he will be sexually mature (i hear they take awhile to grow) and my new hampshire red boy, he's about 9 weeks. The cochin is around 3 or 4 months old, I'm not sure I haven't been keeping really good track.

Back
Top Bottom