What is this on his feathers?

I am a bit of a tech idiot.... how do I follow a whole thread- and how do I save a specific post that contains great info. Can I make a folder on here ? Hoping to understand a bit more, but I generally need to read and re-read genetics posts ... and then I can't find them anymore!
At the top of the page you'll see a box that says watch, click the box. You can also bookmark a page but I haven't done it so I can't tell you how, sorry.

My LO rooster also has this, it's not breakage. It has to do with genetics. I don't understand genetics but this is what I've read.
Actually it is breakage, but it is genetics.
There is a wingpatch gene that is supposedly linked to lavender. While it exists, I don’t know if it’s been found on the genome. @nicalandia do you know?

I know LO have fussy feather genetics anyway, I have seen people with a lot of feather shredding in the tails, which we don't have, just the barring. I might take a deep dive into it and post whatever I find here. I have a degree in biology and a long time ago I had a couple genetics courses.

I am a bit of a tech idiot.... how do I follow a whole thread- and how do I save a specific post that contains great info. Can I make a folder on here ? Hoping to understand a bit more, but I generally need to read and re-read genetics posts ... and then I can't find them anymore!
TO follow a thread, scroll to the top and there is a watch button. If you are already watching it, it will say unlatch. To un watch a thread you don't want to watch anymore, click, un watch. To save a post, look at the top of the post, there is a page number, something that says "new," and 2 other symbols. Click the symbol that looks like a flat almost, and that will allow you to bookmark it. You can share the bookmark, so when people look on your profile it shows them the book mark too, or you can make it private. Hope that helps!

TO follow a thread, scroll to the top and there is a watch button. If you are already watching it, it will say unlatch. To un watch a thread you don't want to watch anymore, click, un watch. To save a post, look at the top of the post, there is a page number, something that says "new," and 2 other symbols. Click the symbol that looks like a flat almost, and that will allow you to bookmark it. You can share the bookmark, so when people look on your profile it shows them the book mark too, or you can make it private. Hope that helps!
Thanks! I got a lot out of that too!

Back
Top Bottom