WHAT is this?!?! (pic)

Discussion in 'Chicken Behaviors and Egglaying' started by lcountry, Mar 2, 2008.

1. lcountry

lcountry Out Of The Brooder

May 11, 2007
    We had a few eggs that had passed their prime so I hard boiled them yesterday. Tonight the doggies were going to get an extra special boiled egg treat. When we shelled the eggs, THIS is what we found in one. It was hard, almost like a seed that had a brown outer layer that we scratched off when we cut it open. It was slightly bigger than a sesame seed.

I didn't know anything could be IN an egg except for a chick! Thanks for filling me in!

[​IMG]

2. speckledhen

speckledhen Intentional Solitude Premium Member

Looks like a meat spot, a piece of the reproductive tissue that sloughed off and got into the egg.

3. rooster-red

rooster-red Here comes the Rooster

Jun 10, 2007
    Douglasville GA
    [​IMG]

4. lacyloo

lacyloo Cooped Up

May 26, 2007
    north florida
    does that mean its rotten -- "roo juices" [​IMG]

5. Scrambled Egg

Scrambled Egg Flock Mistress

Aug 29, 2007
    Fayetteville, NC
    EWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWW!!!!! Gross, yuck, ick!!!!

6. Frozen Feathers

Frozen Feathers Chillin' With My Peeps

May 4, 2007
    Maine
    That's pretty nasty. I do agree with SpeckledHen, that it's a meat spot. I have to say, though, you have a great camera, lcountry.

7. ilovemychickies

ilovemychickies Chillin' With My Peeps

Quote:No, it can't be "roo juices" because there is no roo in with them. (The only reason I'm answering for Lcountry is because she's my mom.) [​IMG]

8. CoopDelisle

CoopDelisle Chillin' With My Peeps

Feb 26, 2008
    Gulf Coast
    Thank you for making me quit eating my Ben and Jerry's ice cream with bits of waffle cone in it....[​IMG]

9. ilovemychickies

ilovemychickies Chillin' With My Peeps

Whoops! Sorry 'bout that Coop. :eek:

10. lcountry

lcountry Out Of The Brooder

May 11, 2007
    You're darn right EWWWW!!! [​IMG]

Can't be "roo juice" we don't have a roo with our girls. If it's reproductive tissue...why? Is she sick!?!?! Anything I need to do for her? Or is it just one of those things that happen? uhh...can I make it not happen again?

Thanks!

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by