What is this? Should I be concerned?

wow, that what bird site is cool. I think a turkey vulture too, I couldn't see it's naked head, but it was kinda far. Haven't seen it since I disposed of the deer leg. Very cool info! thanks everyone!

Quote:
While I have not, I do know two people who've dispatched turkey buzzards. Let's just say neither will ever do it again. They both said the stench was so overpowering at 15-20 feet that they gagged and lost their lunch. They're both woods-y and not prone to the gag reflex so I guess it was pretty awful.

Quote:
might want to check local laws turkey vultures are protected here in ohio ....believe it or not they are a migratory bird

But beyond that, it is clear that Turkey Vultures are not a threat, so to kill them for being in your area or because they "look hungary" is random and not good stewardship of the land. You should take the time to learn to identify real threats, not just imaginary ones.

Last edited:
100% Turkey Vulture and there is a HUGE difference between a Turkey Vulture and a Black Vulture. A Turkey Vulture is native to the united states and completely harmless. The Black Vulture or Cara Cara is native to Mexico, moving north at a rapid pace and will not just take your birds but your lambs too. Turkey Vultures are also protected and if you shoot one and don't kill it, it will PUKE al over you.

It's not a turkey vulture. They have distinct, red, featherless heads. We have them everywhere here. What you have looks like a black vulture. They generally feed on things that are already dead.

Quote:
oh really?..

hu.gif

Back
Top Bottom