What Is This Tree, Please?

Quote:
I sure worked on killing mine. I saw it at the nursery and was just enamored of it. The morning light was hitting the pink leaves. Had to have it. Cost me $79, the most I have ever spent on a plant. Coincidentally the grower was there, and we had a long talk about it. She didn't seem to think it was a good plan to put it in a pot on the deck. I did it anyways and she was right. It slowly declined for a few years. Last year I got tired of the dying thing and dragged it to the back of the yard and planned on composting it. And what do you know. It came back strong this year. I repotted and moved it to the front of the house out of the hot sun. (OK what passes for hot sun here) Planning on getting it into the ground this fall.

red,
That tree is beautiful, I did not know they could grow so nice and big. I would leave it alone unless I had to. If you have to- Plant Amnesty knows where you live.
roll.png

Quote:
I sure worked on killing mine. I saw it at the nursery and was just enamored of it. The morning light was hitting the pink leaves. Had to have it. Cost me $79, the most I have ever spent on a plant. Coincidentally the grower was there, and we had a long talk about it. She didn't seem to think it was a good plan to put it in a pot on the deck. I did it anyways and she was right. It slowly declined for a few years. Last year I got tired of the dying thing and dragged it to the back of the yard and planned on composting it. And what do you know. It came back strong this year. I repotted and moved it to the front of the house out of the hot sun. (OK what passes for hot sun here) Planning on getting it into the ground this fall.

red,
That tree is beautiful, I did not know they could grow so nice and big. I would leave it alone unless I had to. If you have to- Plant Amnesty knows where you live.
roll.png

lol.png
Yeah, i'm thinking i better leave it alone... maybe just trim it up in the autum or spring a little bit.
Thanks!

Back
Top Bottom