What is this~

egglover1969

In the Brooder
Dec 31, 2017
I was bought this pullet from Rural King when it was about a month old (pretty much all had all its feathers except her head). I was told she is a Welsummer but.....she's now close to 2 months old and it looks as if she's getting fluffy feathers by her cheeks and her legs are greenish. The first photo shows a bit of feathers on her cheeks and the other shows her colored legs. What the heck is she? From what I'm reading Welsummers only have yellow legs.
summer 2 months.jpg
summer legs.jpg

Typical EE pullet coloration, green legs, pea comb, her body shape, possibly the beginnings of a muff and unfeathered legs--that all adds up to Easter egger. Besides. She looks exactly like one of mine looked, at that age.

EDT: though I should add that mine was a quarter silkie and had a black comb and legs. Otherwise, she looked exactly like that. Details...

Last edited:
Typical EE pullet coloration, green legs, pea comb, her body shape, possibly the beginnings of a muff and unfeathered legs--that all adds up to Easter egger. Besides. She looks exactly like one of mine looked, at that age.

x2 Knowing it is a hatchery bird all traits point to Easter Egger. Muffs, color/pattern, leg color, pea comb, muffs & beard, etc...

Back
Top Bottom