What is this?

Do not worm 4 week old chicks, they are too young to have worms. It's okay to start worming at 5-6 weeks old depending on your soil conditions.
As others have mentioned, it is shed intestinal lining and shed cecal lining, an indication of coccidiosis.
Use Corid and follow the instructions in Coach723's post above.

Coccidia are everywhere, young birds and chicks are most at risk, and unfortunately it can be fatal quickly if not treated, some strains are more virulent than others. Once exposed the survivors build resistance, so older birds will not usually become ill unless they are moved to new ground and exposed to new strains, or if their immune systems are compromised in some way. It's one of the most common ailments of young birds and chicks. The sooner you start treatment the better so as to reduce the amount of damage to the digestive tracts.
Here is the dosing for Corid, use the severe outbreak dosing and make sure it's the only water they have available. Give any that are showing symptoms an oral dose in addition to the medicated water, dosing is here for that: https://www.backyardchickens.com/threads/corid-oral-drench-instructions.1211991/
Treat all of them.
View attachment 1785675
Thank you so very much I just ran into a friend here that has some available until mine gets here thank you again for all your help I truly do appreciate all the help and info

Do not worm 4 week old chicks, they are too young to have worms. It's okay to start worming at 5-6 weeks old depending on your soil conditions.
As others have mentioned, it is shed intestinal lining and shed cecal lining, an indication of coccidiosis.
Ok perfect thank you sooooo much for being involved with my thread and giving feedback I will go get Corid from a friend and start treatment ASAP till mine arrives I am so glad I didn’t start dewormer I will update thank you thank you thank you

Thank you thank you soooo much for all your knowledge and help I greatly appreciate it and you taking the time to help and post

Back
Top Bottom