What is this?

Pics

Duckie doodle

Songster
Jun 27, 2019
NY
Took my pekin drake to two different vets. First vet said it was just a scab, the next vet said it was bumble. He has been on two different meds and had surgery. He has had this foot injury for awhile now and it seems to not be fully healing. I just would like to know what you guys think this could be and why it is taking so long to heal? First picture is from Sept 3, the other picture is after surgery on August 26.

Attachments

• 20190903_214133.jpg
    20190903_214133.jpg
    373.7 KB · Views: 36
  • 20190826_220512.jpg
    20190826_220512.jpg
    368.2 KB · Views: 28
I am not sure what it is, but I suggest getting bag balm. Tractor supply and some Walmart’s carry it. Put some on it and try to keep it wrapped for a day or two. Then let it air dry. Bag balm will pull any bacteria, dirt and or infection out. And hopefully helps it heal faster. It IMO is better than antibacterial ointments. Good luck. Others may know more

That looks like serious bumble foot they must not be getting all the infection out. Have you tried yourself? Soaking in Epsom salt water till scab is soft enough to remove then picking out the infection I use sterile tweezers. After you get out the infection you’ll need to pack the hole and wrap when I get back in an on my computer I’ll get you some info I just looked up today about Silver sulfadiazine and using it. Or look it up for bumble foot.

Your going to have to get that infection out. Take it slow soak in warm Epsom salt water go by the directions on what ever it comes In try after a few days to get the scab off with your finger nail. If you can get it off easily then post a pic of what your seeing the infection isn’t going to be runny it’s thick so it will most likely have to picked out. Might take a few times of working on it but you don’t want this to speed up into the joints. You might want to start him back on an antibiotic to help once you get the infection out.

http://www.poultrydvm.com/condition/bumblefoot

Back
Top Bottom