What is this?

savingpurple

Songster
8 Years
Apr 2, 2011
NW Ohio
I am so confused. This, from what has been said on here is a pullet, but I have read on here and read in books that the color of the earlobe is the color of the egg? Right? Okay...

Here is a few of my mystery chicken. She is 3 months old. Suppose to be a white leghorn. My other white leghorn a week older has white earlobes?

here we go with pics.....

85019_img_2116.jpg

85019_img_2112.jpg

85019_img_2109.jpg

85019_img_2108.jpg

85019_img_2114.jpg

any help ? Thanks in advance! It's comb has always been so much bigger than the week older leghorn? Edited to add that his wattles are 2 X the size and color of the other week older leghorn.

Last edited:
Yes, I have read the same thing. A chicken with red earlobes lays brown eggs and a chicken with white ear lobes lay white eggs. Your chicken looks like a white leghorn to me and looks like a pullet.
smile.png

I guess what I am asking is what is the part on the side of it's head that is green? I thought that was the ear lobe? No?

Last edited:
Hey..Thanks ! That definetly cleared that up for me. So, we shall see what eggs she lays then......white, or off white??? Now she just has to get older to start laying !!

Thanks again!

sunny & the 5 egg layers :

Yes, I have read the same thing. A chicken with red earlobes lays brown eggs and a chicken with white ear lobes lay white eggs. Your chicken looks like a white leghorn to me and looks like a pullet.
smile.png

But what about silkies? they have blue earlobes!​

Back
Top Bottom