What is wrong and how do I fix this??

Reuboid

Chirping
Nov 10, 2021
I’ve got these two ducks (I think they are a mix of some two breeds im not sure) and yesterday they were running around chasing flies and having a good time. But today they can hardly even stand up. Only one of them can walk but chooses to sit down instead. It has gotten hot here in Queensland Australia so could that be why? Anyway I attached a video of one of the ducks attempting to walk. They are also not eating nor drinking as much and seem uninterested in swimming

I’ve got these two ducks (I think they are a mix of some two breeds im not sure) and yesterday they were running around chasing flies and having a good time. But today they can hardly even stand up. Only one of them can walk but chooses to sit down instead. It has gotten hot here in Queensland Australia so could that be why? Anyway I attached a video of one of the ducks attempting to walk. They are also not eating nor drinking as much and seem uninterested in swimming
Looks like niacin deficiency possibly. Do you supplement niacin at all? Or feed duck-specifuc feed?

How old are the ducks
What have you been feeding them ?
Do you supplement vitamin B complex for extra niacin or add nutritional yeast to the feed ?
It kinda looks to me like niacin issues
You need to get them 1ml of vitamin B compex over a small treat or directly through syringe so they get the full dose
Start adding nutritional yeast of 1 tbs per cup of feed
This could take weeks to see full improvements so don’t give up
Keep doing it and usually they recover just fine
After full recovery continue the B for a week and I would give nutritional yeast in feed on a regular basis but could be done less of it as they get older

Attachments

• C2C6B59D-BAA8-4620-B2BE-E33AA69E0039.png
    C2C6B59D-BAA8-4620-B2BE-E33AA69E0039.png
    506.2 KB · Views: 1
You can give activated food grade charcoal if that’s what it is
We need a little history
In my other comment I asked age and what feed and if you have been giving any niacin through nutritional yeast
They are about 1 and a bit years old, they have just been having a duck mix from the local produce store. There is no brand it’s a big white bag full of seed but it has served them well all this time.

Back
Top Bottom