What is WRONG with my cat?

I'm having that problem with my cat also..i dont know what else to do. Its ALL over my house... i cant take it anymore.
barnie.gif

It is an allergy to the litter. How I can tell is where she is licking when she comes out of the box. Just change the litter to one of the pine wood one or paper ones that should help. Tidy Cat litter has alot of checmicals in it. Some cats have problem with it and I am not surprised yours is siamese and having problems thin fur and all. Allergies can devlope at any time too. So even if the cat did not have it before you can have it now. Also the floor mat if rubber backed might be the attractant here, smell of the rubber. Once cat pee hits it you can not get it all out, so remove carpet.

Hopefully it is a physical problem,because the emotional peeing is hard to cure. Maybe there was a smell to the rugs that initially attracted the cat,and then later the urine smell would draw the cat back.

I had a cat that peed and sprayed an entire house.She would even plop down in front of you and start ripping out her beautiful long white fur.After many months,vet visits,drugs,love,and so on I gave up.Took me years to get more cats and guess what?!!?!? I now have a cat peeing on the floor(new house) after 4 years of no issues.I have 3 cats and no idea who was doing it.I finally had to move all the cats to a side room in the garage.I will build them an outdoor enclosure off that room,and that is where they will live.Can not have animals peeing in the house.

I have read that the pee/poop outside the box is the main reason cat owners have to rehome/euthanize their cats.

For peeing over the edge I recommend using plastic tote bins.Only fat cats (had one way back) can not jump up into it.Keeps rim accidents to a zero.

Some recommend foil on the pee spot after giving it a good dose of enzymes to eat away at the urine.Can you restrict the cat to one area of the house?Might help,but also might make the cat angry enough to pee somewhere else. I only wish my cats would pee in the tub when they are mad.Easy to clean that one up.Some people use drugs to calm the cat.

Put another box of new litter next to the old one and see if she will like it better.I currently use Swheat Scoop. Maybe the cat needs more privacy while using the box.
Does the cat pee on new rugs or only the one she peed on before?Will she spray the door,or pee outside the bathroom if you lock her out?Show her lots of lovin' but eventually restrict her freedom if it continues(or spreads). I hope you find a solution.I was so sad to move my kitties out of the house.

Get more chickens?
hu.gif

I also had a cat that would pee on things on the floor - generally rugs but if you left a shirt on the floor she would get that too. Never found the reason - just stopped using rugs on the floor (carpet was fine - but if you threw a throw rug down or bath mat - she thought it was her's to mark). She has passed and since our last cat passed away 5 years ago we have been cat-less.

Good Luck and lots of
hugs.gif
hugs.gif
hugs.gif

Quote:
You need to talk to your vet. Your cat is trying to tell you something is not right.

ETA op cat is prob saying the same thing.

Last edited:
First thing I would do is remove the new mats completely (maybe put the old ones back? Or just use a towel?) for a week or so and see if the behaviour continues. There might be something about those mats that kitty just DOESN'T like for whatever reason, and your solution may be as simple as just getting rid of the mats. I'd do that before I got rid of the kitty.

We did have her checked out for UTI and it was negative.

Her only mistakes she will make is only on the bath mats, new or old, didn't matter. Freshly washed or stored for a long time, nada too! This rug is a brand new one, smell of plastic or rubber smelling. I immediately took it down to be washed but still have the piss smell, despite of vinegar.

It started when I fell in the bathroom floor, wet feet, wet floor....OUCH! I bought a new bathmat and she did not use it for a week. After that she made her mark on it. So I washed it and reminded everyone to pull up the bathmat and hang it over to dry. It has not been marked or cat would try to pull it off from the side of the tub. This morning hubby took a shower and forgot to pull up the mat after done drying or before leaving the bathroom. She went right in there and peed on it.

Cybercat.................
As for the allergies, it might be so......I am going to try and see if there is another litter I can use. She still acted like it bothers her, licking, and shot out of the cat box. Her cat box is enclosed type and she has no problems with using it. It is so clean that anyone can lay in it LOL! However I do leave a little "mark" of litter behind so she knows to come back and use it again. I heard you do not want to "strip" the catbox down because no smell of their urine would make them go elsewhere.

In most cases, this cat has been really good about using her litterbox and when she pees elsewhere, my first indication would be to get her checked out for UTI. So I am going to check for allergies, her coat is so dry. When you pet her you can get the "charge" off from her LOL! I have not changed her cat food which she is on the green bag Purina All Natural Food.

So what kind of litter do you all suggest to get? I get mine from WalMart. I ahve always love Tidy Cat.....
roll.png

Back
Top Bottom