What is wrong with my chicken?? (video included)

I wouldn't think they would all show swelling signs. Its good article touching on different disorders. I had a hen that did the penguin walk, I tried to figure it out, looking back she past some weird looking tissue, thought she passed remains of a mouse, she stopped laying, in six months, she was dead. The penguin walk look was just before she died. She was four years old i think at the time. When they get up there in age, stuff like this starts to happen.

One of our Polish had the same symptoms and was near death back in October. She did the wobbly walk and cornered herself for a day or so. Then she barely picked her head up off the ground. I brought her in the house where it was warm and the other hens wouldn't trample her. My husband fed her sugar water on the end of a cotton swab. After 2 days in the house, a little TLC she was back to normal. Seems to be fine 3 months later.

Nothing I could find on line explained it. I thought she was a goner...but she's a productive egg layer now.

Good luck

I would rule out things, treat her worms and mites, give her vitamins. Click on the link I previously posted and eliminate what you can and hope for the best. She can be weakened by just having these.

Do the exam against, but this time try to feel for smaller, pimple sized things. I'm no expert, but I believe the only firm thing you should be able to feel is the gizzard which I think is located on the left.

Can you post a picture of her belly and vent?

-Kathy

Back
Top Bottom