What is wrong with this boiled egg?

Cut-&-Shoot

In the Brooder
Jul 24, 2018
Cut-&-Shoot, TX
i wasn’t sure where to post this...

Anyone know what is wrong with this boiled egg? I had 2 that came out like this.

Attachments

• F9E072C9-A918-4B03-B483-38C026713C5B.jpeg
    F9E072C9-A918-4B03-B483-38C026713C5B.jpeg
    134.4 KB · Views: 26
Looks like maybe there were a lot of air bubbles trapped against the shell somehow. Did it have the air sack at one end? Because it looks like the wide end is the end that's uncovered, and there's clearly no air sack. Maybe the air sack burst and the air ended up all over the place somehow during boiling, or maybe there was a bunch of air between the membrane and the shell somehow?

looks like an Ebay Shipped Hatching Egg got into the boiling pot to me. I have no idea how those air bubbles got like that but the freezing theory is one I believe was a good guess... unless someone knows for sure that freezing would cause that. If I had to guess I would say it got shook up some how and the air sack got all over the place. What does the Yolk look like?

Odd that it's just the one egg. Could be it was right up against an especially cold area?
I also wonder if maybe it was some sort of issue where there were multiple tiny air sacs for some sort of internal-egg-factory reason. Were the pockmarks all lined with membrane like the air sack is?

Back
Top Bottom