What is your 2022 chick order list?

Pics

Iluveggers

Crossing the Road
Jun 27, 2021
NYS
I would love to hear what people are adding to their flock this year! So please answer:

1. Where are you ordering from?
2. What breeds are you getting?
3. Why did you select those breeds?

If you are unsure/undecided, post your short list of possibilities and hatcheries to get advice from others!

If you are not adding to your flock, tell us what breeds you have, which breed is your favorite/which would you recommend to others, and why!

Happy 2022! 🎉

I'll post the ones I know about as of this morning that aren't being kept secret and are for me, not a friend.

Buff sebrights (maybe some gold and silver too, haven't decided)
White and blue red laced Cornish bantams
Black crested white polish
(Maybe) Yokohama
Silver and gold Phoenix
Isabelle leghorns (If in stock)
Blue laced gold Wyandotte (looking for a splash laced)
Gold neck d'uccle

From Ideal, McMurray and Hoovers. Most I need for a male, some for a female

No more ordering! No more chicks from anywhere else! Ha.. I have a good amount Id like to get but gotta focus on at least half of the 8 varieties I raise now.. no more room for new lines, varieties, or breeds.. except I could use some LF silver ameraucana chicks or eggs to use on my crele project but think Ima just use what I have and cross em with bantam silvers.. and maybe buy a new wheaten ameraucana bantam cock this fall to keep that gene pool wide. 🤟

Meyer Hatchery Chick list:

2, Black Sumatra pullets

1, Buff Brahma pullet

1, Dark Brahma pullet

1, Light Brahma pullet

1, Meal Maker chick

1, Easter Egger pullet

1, Green Queen pullet

1, Salmon Faverolle pullet

Cackle Hatchery Chick list:

4, Red JungleFowl

Also looking for breeds that do well in heat and super colds, don't bully or tend to be walked on. I need more females for my mixed group before my 2 boys start duking it out. Already had Yokohama and plymouth rocks suggested
Also going to add, the males in this flock are: Ambrose (1/2 bantam Cochin 1/2 standard Ameraucana), Romero (Ambrose's son, mother was an EE) and a standard Phoenix.
Females are: EE, AmeraucanaxLeghorn mix, 2 silver spitzhaubens, 2 Phoenix hens, 3 mystery pullets (2 will be taken during spring for breeding though), and 2 mixes from Ambrose (one from a Phoenix and one from a spitzhauben). Future will add a small Phoenix possibly, and a silver leghorn, just waiting for a good say to introduce them

Back
Top Bottom