What is your 2022 chick order list?

No hatcheries here but I'm going to try reeeelly hard to source some good Sultans. I tried last year, spent $200 plus postage on a dozen eggs, two chicks hatched but only one has survived. Talk about one expensive chick
Were 10 infertile or did they just die?

I decided to bypass the chick rush. Picked up my first chickens from a farm here in FL. Ended up getting three eight-week old Speckled Sussex pullets and 2 eight-week old Easter Egger pullets. I can't have roosters where I live or I'd have snagged a Sussex roo.

I'm looking to get 4-6 more standard layer pullets. The challenge I'm facing is I want all different breeds/colors. I currently have 8 ladies (RIRs, ISA Browns, Silver Wyandottes, Gold Wyandotte, & Black Australorpe), so I'm looking for different colors of standard-sized breeds. I'd prefer to buy local, but I haven't been able to find any farms around (I'm in Maryland) that #1- sell sexed chicks and #2- have the variety I'm looking for and #3 don't have a minmum. My TSC usually only has a few breeds at a time, so the minimum makes it so I have to get duplicates. I'll probably have to order from a hatchery this spring.

1. Where are you ordering from?
I have no idea because I'm not ordering. (different plan that involves a friend)
2. What breeds are you getting?
I'm happy with any kind of fluffy cheeked easter egger!
3. Why did you select those breeds?
I've always loved the puffy cheeked birds!

Back
Top Bottom