What is your chickens' favorite treat?

Just gave the girls some apple spice cake! wow! They stayed out in the rain to eat it... something they have never done before with anything(when it is this chilly and rainy!) gotta try the shrimp!

Mine love tomatoes. Also they love grapes.
smile.png

This morning I gave mine some leftover rice mixed with green peas and topped it with eggs scrambled with cheese. There was a total feeding frenzy going on between the four of them.
gig.gif

I've got some grapes that I'm going to give them tomorrow. They've never had those before. I love watching them try new foods.... cheap entertainment.
big_smile.png

Last edited by a moderator:
Dragging up this old thread to say....

My chickens finally decided that they love whole wheat and hearty grain bread. They used to ignore it but now they devour it. Also, they like oatmeal flavored with natural peanut butter. They eat the oatmeal but leave the apple chunks that are mixed in.
roll.png

Getting ready to give them some oatmeal now.
smile.png

I like watching the reaction and clucking of them when you bring in a new treat to them and also chickens are like 2 legged pigs around my flock

Hi,

My chickens love canned corn! They have learned to recognize the can and go crazy when they see it. One day, my hubby took an empty can out of the trash to use for some screws he was bringing to the coop (to fix something) and couldn't figure out why the chickens attacked him! It was really funny!
lol.png

Back
Top Bottom