What is Your DREAM Flock? (And What's Realistic?)

Pics
8806A969-74B4-4B97-8E32-CB92A7B15C1C.jpeg
Wonder if that's a breed thing or a personality thing? I bet she is beautiful. I'd love to see a picture of her!

Dream flock = Parrot Beak Long Tail Assel -
It would be the greatest thing to breed these birds here in Southern California.
I can only imagine how potentially beautiful they could be, if only they could live in paradise, rather than the ----hole prisons they currently exist in.

(What's realistic?) = Anything's possible!
Maybe someday you'll see me doing it.(?)

I only have Barred Hollands, and they are all I want. My hens are the sweetest!!! I haven’t had luck yet with keeping a rooster that doesn’t become so extremely protective of the hens and try to flog. I have only had 2 Roos so far though and since I’m a newbie, it may be I raised them wrong. My dream would be to find another genetic line that has been worked on as much as Suzanne in La, to add a bit of outcross to.

I am also egg obsessed! I have a lot more room so I can get more chickens. I have almost 100. Now, just waiting for most of them to start laying. I am also waiting on my olive eggers and some black langshen (purple eggs), I have the blue langshen but still babies
PURPLE EGGS oh boy I thought I was missing the green and white eggs now I have to dream about a purple egg too.

My dream flock would actually be 3 or 4 or 5 !!!
A breeding group Big beautiful SOP Australorps
A breeding group of Big beautiful SOP Jubilee Orpingtons
Some BBS Ameracaunas for egg color
I have a small group of Big beautiful Malines, they are a work in progress.
Oh !! and lets not forget my favorites Crele Old English Game Bantams
I have had some of all of the above, my experience has been all are friendly and easily handled. And the OEGB Love to ride on my shoulder !!

I'm an addict !!

Back
Top Bottom