What is your dream job?

What is your dream job?

• Total voters
Pics
I was wondering what all your dream jobs are? My dream job is a farmer as is probably most of BYC if they are not already, but I wanted to hear what people like. If anyone as jobs that are not on the list put them in the chat and tell me why you want to be that? The list will start out with a few jobs, then grow!
I had my dream job for many years, as a side job. I taught basic dog obedience through my local community college and loved it. I called my classes "Don't Shoot the Dog!" before I ever heard of Karen Pryor, who popularized the clicker method of training (which I don't use). I wrote and illustrated my own methods in a little training manual I called Dogspeak, which were a distillation and adaptation of several techniques including the Koehler Method (way too severe!), The One Minute Manager (amazing!) and many others (The Invisible Leash, The Monks of New Skete, etc., and yes, Karen Pryor). But primarily I learned from the dogs themselves, using body language, facial expressions and vocalizations to communicate. Some of my students did go on to title their dogs, but my joy was in saving dogs from having to take that long, last walk to the pound due to correctable behavioral issues. It was immeasurably satisfying and I miss it.

I had my dream job for many years, as a side job. I taught basic dog obedience through my local community college and loved it. I called my classes "Don't Shoot the Dog!" before I ever heard of Karen Pryor, who popularized the clicker method of training (which I don't use). I wrote and illustrated my own methods in a little training manual I called Dogspeak, which were a distillation and adaptation of several techniques including the Koehler Method (way too severe!), The One Minute Manager (amazing!) and many others (The Invisible Leash, The Monks of New Skete, etc., and yes, Karen Pryor). But primarily I learned from the dogs themselves, using body language, facial expressions and vocalizations to communicate. Some of my students did go on to title their dogs, but my joy was in saving dogs from having to take that long, last walk to the pound due to correctable behavioral issues. It was immeasurably satisfying and I miss it.
Can you volunteer for something like that or find a place so you can do what you love again?

That's sad but nice! Do you own any pets besides chickens? Is there any way you can foster dogs that are going to the pound and then give them to some sort of shelter or keep them?
Yup, 2 Shelties, 2 cats. Good suggestions, thanks, but I'm maxed out. I'm doing all I'm able to do and I'm content. I'm happy with my memories. ❤

Back
Top Bottom