What is your dream job?

What is your dream job?

• Total voters
Other -- I love the thought of becoming a nurse, and am pursuing it as a career.
I still have a tiny dream of being a chef, too -- specifically, running a cafe that does catering and serves sweets desserts, cozy drinks, and candy -- but that's not really something that I could do.
Why not, Sapphy?

Why not, Sapphy?
From what I can tell, the restaurant business is pretty grueling. In addition to being on your feet all day, you also need to make absolutely sure that your kitchen and utensils are up to a standard of cleanliness, or else you're out. Then there's hiring people and knowing who to hire, and dealing with all the finances that come with running a business and employing people. Making it in the restaurant business is very hard, and then you need to stay in the business.
Not that nursing is easy -- it's not. It's just that with nursing, you're not trying to keep an entire other building/enterprise running in addition to your own home and family.
Another reason is that I feel like I can help people more by becoming a nurse. The nurses who took care of me when I was diagnosed with Type 1 diabetes were incredibly supportive and kind, and they really helped me a lot. I feel like being a nurse will let me help more people more directly.
All this being said, I would love to maybe do a little catering thing on the side -- cakes for parties and stuff on the weekends.
It all depends on what the future is like, but nursing will definitely be my main source of income.
(Until the babies start popping out, at least. 🤣)

I was an RN in my former life. Hemodialysis. But if I could do it all over I would love being a flight nurse. I love helicopters. Oh well retirement's not all bad.
Thank you so much for your work as a nurse. I don't know you, but thank you anyway -- nurses are incredibly important, and I appreciate the people who give their time and energy to the medical field and helping people. Thank you. ❤

From what I can tell, the restaurant business is pretty grueling. In addition to being on your feet all day, you also need to make absolutely sure that your kitchen and utensils are up to a standard of cleanliness, or else you're out. Then there's hiring people and knowing who to hire, and dealing with all the finances that come with running a business and employing people. Making it in the restaurant business is very hard, and then you need to stay in the business.
Not that nursing is easy -- it's not. It's just that with nursing, you're not trying to keep an entire other building/enterprise running in addition to your own home and family.
Another reason is that I feel like I can help people more by becoming a nurse. The nurses who took care of me when I was diagnosed with Type 1 diabetes were incredibly supportive and kind, and they really helped me a lot. I feel like being a nurse will let me help more people more directly.
All this being said, I would love to maybe do a little catering thing on the side -- cakes for parties and stuff on the weekends.
It all depends on what the future is like, but nursing will definitely be my main source of income.
(Until the babies start popping out, at least. 🤣)
I see, of course you're absolutely right. I watch a lot of cooking shows these days but cooking is WAY different from actually running a cooking business. You'll make an awesome nurse! 🤗 And do great at cooking on the side! 👍

I see, of course you're absolutely right. I watch a lot of cooking shows these days but cooking is WAY different from actually running a cooking business. You'll make an awesome nurse! 🤗 And do great at cooking on the side! 👍
Thank you! 🤗
I get the feeling that I'll be that nurse who always brings brownies to the office....
(And who literally clucks at people.)

Thank you so much for your work as a nurse. I don't know you, but thank you anyway -- nurses are incredibly important, and I appreciate the people who give their time and energy to the medical field and helping people. Thank you. ❤
Absolutely! Right now our health care workers are our nation's angels in scrubs! God bless you all and keep you safe and well!

Back
Top Bottom