What is your dream job?

What is your dream job?

• Total voters
I checked all of the ones that I would be content with. It's been a dream of mine to become an avian vet for nine years. If I become an avian vet or not I'll still have animals and breed them (I'll most likely be breeding quail, mice, and possibly goats.) I'd be fine with being a zoologist. I'll probably write some fiction books about chickens (the Feathers story.) I'd also be a pet sitter but (obviously) not for a living. Oh and if it counts I already sell hand crafted resin, eggshell, and sometimes clay jewelry.

Oh I forgot! Is there a carpenter option on there? I would also be content with that job even though I don't actually have the wood working skills YET. I'm going to learn and I think that wood working will be quite a useful skill. I also like the idea of having the fun (is it fun? I guess I'll find out.) of building something then making quite a bit of money off it!

My dream job is now unattainable, but I wanted to work for Mammoet (google them) and travel the world as a crane operator doing super lifts in monster cranes. I would still be happy just finding an office job/ oiler/ yard maintenance/ laydown yard job with them, but I have major doubts that this will ever become reality. So I do my daily desk job to the best of my ability and go home to my family and my chooks and remain deeply grateful for what I have in front of me now.

It may not be my "dream" job, but compared to so many I'm living the dream.

You don't want to be 60 or 70 years old, all crippled up with arthritis and saying, Gee, I sure wish I had .... when I had the chance
First I realize this was posted a couple of months ago but I am just found this thread.

I have to react. Please be careful of the assumptions you are making. I am 67 and for Christmas received a t-shirt that reads : Underestimate me. That will be fun.
Not much I can't do from raising animals, farming, home renovations, etc. Do admit I'm not great at engines though but I did fix my own ride-on mower last year.

I had my dream job. Elementary school librarian. Not your average librarian as I had a high tolerance for noise from children sharing reading. Always had pets in the library. Worked in a large city school but owned 150 acres of bush so did nature education with my collection of bones, feathers, photographs. Certainly the most popular was my poop collection - mice to moose.

Retired and volunteer in school reading programs and literacy programs for adults.
Can't wait for this Covid stuff to be done because we are in lock down here. I can get back to it.

Back
Top Bottom