what is your favorite restaurant and why?

Well, if you ever plan a trip to or through Monterey, California, make sure to stop in Moss Landing either on the way there or back. Take lunch at Phil's Fish Market and buy yourself some fresh fish, too. For the members of the family who go "Ick!" at seafood, you can also get a darned good hamburger there.

http://www.philsfishmarket.com/

For dinner, eat at The Whole Enchilada, which specializes in Mexican seafood ("mariscos") and the bar makes killer margaritas. Friday and Satirday nights, there's a nice, local, live jazz band, too.

http://www.wenchilada.com/wenchilada/whole-frame.htm

I used to live less than four miles from the Moss Landing harbor. *sigh*

Isn't the moss Landing beach the one that has sand that is iridescent? I remember going there at 2 in the morning and running around in the dunes. When you kicked the sand it kind of sparkled in the dark.

I used to love the Monterey area. The aquarium is really cool and Cannery Row. We lived in San Luis Obispo and used to take Hwy 1 up to San Francisco. I never tire of that drive although it is long. It's my absolute favorite part of the country.

It depends where I am, but locally I like Steer & Stein, about 2 hours away is the Crab Cooker in Newport Beach. A little closer is the Orange Hill Restaurant. San Francisco, just about anything on the wharf.

The Chicken Coop!! The best fried chicken place in all of Charlotte. Just remember it's closed on Mondays!! (that always seemed to be the time I was downtown for meetings) Turn right just over the light rail tracks off West Blvd., a block off South Blvd. A Half White boxed meal will feed 2 people for less than $7!!

Burgers??? Spoons--the Original--Hawthorn and 7th St. in Charlotte a block up from Independence Park, 3 from Presby hospital.

Carabbas Italian, the one near Concord Mills

Seven Springs Restaurant in Heber Springs, Arkansas. They have any sandwich you want in triple decker size.
droolin.gif
droolin.gif
droolin.gif

Back
Top Bottom