What is your favorite SS/Farming/homesteading print.

RentaPig311

In the Brooder
6 Years
Apr 24, 2013
Denton Texas
I was in the grocery store today and saw several SS/homestead type magazines that caught my eye. Almost all of them had something about chickens in them. At $6 a pop it seemed a little high and I'm sure if we commit to a subscriptions the cost would go down.

So...what is your #1 homestead style subscription with the most useful information for small city dwelling farmers.

I enjoy Morther Earth News - enough to subscribe.
I find useful info in every issue, stuff that I can and will use in my lifestyle. And I also find enough of what I think as over-the-top info to tickle my funny bone... Overall, I find it worth the money.
But that said, I also buy lottery tickets; not because I think I will win, but there is that tiny/minuscule chance that I could and it gives me license to dream those outlandish dreams of what if.

Thanks for the input. Mother Earth News was on the list. I've bought a few singles in the past and liked it ok.

I was considering:

Hobby Farms
Urban Farm
Grit

I'd like something geared more towards small operations but reviews on Urban farm seem to show that there is a lot of tree hugging articles and not a to much useful information or how to projects.

I could spend way to much on HS books and print so I'm trying to narrow it down to one or two to try for a year.

In my opinion, Mother Earth News has the best articles. It can get political at times...but in a way that is pertinent to homesteading/farming.

Both Hobby Farms and Urban Farm have pretty photos and lots of advertising. The articles tend to leave me wanting more, and I usually end up going online to learn more.

Honestly, after two years of Mother Earth News I cancelled my subscription and now just use their website. If there is something I want to learn or read about I tend to hit up Google first...usually there is a M.E.N. article about it already :)

Back
Top Bottom