What is Your Favorite Word to Describe Your Flock?

Pics
OMG...do you feed them? I'm dying here...the visuals are quite disturbing but absolutely intriguing! My sweeties are not quite so primitive (spoiled to the core) but I have seen some National Geographic videos of chickens eating mice whole in one gulp! Still, a part of me respects their relinquishing way of taking care of business!

I've never seen mine eat a mouse, but they eat huge frogs. It's so gross. They grab them - play the chase game with the other girls - then bash the frog into the ground before swallowing it whole. Sometimes they fight over it and rip it limb from limb and share it. :sick

All of my chickens have names and are called by their names when spoken directly to. My very first girls (3 out of 4 are still with me) are collectively known as the OG’s, Original Gangsta hens.

As I’m walking to the coops in the mornings I call to them all in a sing-song voice, “Hey Chickie Babies,” even though there are four different age groups in a three year span.

My one boy is Sweet Boy, Pretty Boy or Rusty Roo. His name is really Rusty.

To gather all 38 for whatever reason (very important to be able to do when free ranging) I call, “Heeerrrree chick chick chick chick chick!” They come from all parts of the yard, from under bushes, from the barn, and pouring out from under the back deck (on hot days). The heavier ones waddle-running and the leaner ones flying, screeching like a banshee. They sometimes think (or wish) I am calling them when I call the cats, “Here kitty kitty kitty!” :rolleyes:

@LizzzyJo I actually had to write all the names down to learn them lol and I have to admit, I do have a few that I have a hard time telling apart... their names are interchangeable depending on which one pops into my head first :D
But my grandkids insisted that everyone have a name... so they named them ALL :th

Back
Top Bottom