What is your friendliest Chicken? What breed is it?

900x900px-LL-ce8c977a_004.jpeg
I think Brahmas are a sweet and friendly breed, this is Lizzie she stayed in the house while getting over bumble foot. She is a great house chicken. she is 5.5 yrs old.

Thanks for sharing stories and pics of all your lovely babies, I love reading them! The breeds/types are so varied but one thing is always true, we love our critters <3. I have been super busy with my last semester in school and haven't checked-in for a while and enjoyed my catch up reading very much. Keep the stories coming.

Your birds are all pretty but the Blue Ameraucana is gorgeous! I just love her.
My blue ameraucana, Granny Weatherwax, is the sweetest chicken in my flock. Very gentle and calm, loves to be pet, follows me everywhere. And lays me the prettiest blue eggs! My barred rock is also very personable. My least friendly and most standoffish is my barnevelder. She is pretty but not a fan of people or being handled!
Your birds are all pretty, but the Blue Ameraucana s a stunner! I haven't seen one like her before. I'm very partial to Blue chickens. And I just adore this bird! Thanks for sharing the pics!

I have 6 red hens. All of them come running when I bring out treats and eat from my hand, but one sweet, funny looking girl, is very friendly. She tries really hard to get in the house and follows me in at least once a week. She has a floppy comb that gives her a comical look and her name is Polly Ester. If I'm working in the yard, she is most likely the hen who shows up to hang out with me. We have Nice long conversations. And she will come look inI the window for me if I don't go outside often enough. She loves to cuddle and settles right down in my arms when I pick her up

My absolute sweetest chicken is my white naked neck, Blanca. She is 100% lap chicken. She follows me everywhere and if I stop she jumps up on me. She also loves being a momma and goes broody constantly! I love this sweet girl so much!

I have a strange question about our chickens. Our girls the minute a car pulls into the drive run to the back door to greet them. If we leave the back doors open they come in and are in the living room when I come back in. Does anyone else have chickens this friendly?

Back
Top Bottom