What is your friendliest Chicken? What breed is it?

My friendliest is a Barred Rock. We found her next to our mailboxes one afternoon, and couldn't find her owner. (Did someone leave her there or did she just travel a fairly long distance? Who knows...) She has scaly leg mites and has to stay by herself; so it's probably because she's lonely that she's the friendliest... Or she's just a really nice chicken! :D

My Dominiques are the friendliest chickens I have ever been around. I can't post pictures from my phone, or I'd post a picture of my husband sitting on his lawn chair, drinking a beer, and serving as a roost to six Dom hens and one Dom rooster! LOL!

Pippa is the most loving chicken. This picture was taken when I was sick. My husband brought her in to cheer me up, she napped with me for about an hour before she wanted back outside to eat.

I'm not one to get "touchy feely" with any of my pets, not even my dog or my cat so, while I do feed my chickens treats by hand , I don't hold them, or pet them. None-the-less, they've gotten so used to me that I literally have to lock them out of the shed when cleaning it to keep from stepping on them! One of my Buff's insists on following me about when cleaning, and likes to rub the side of its head against my leg; nice to see I can still attract "chicks" at my age!!

Back
Top Bottom