What is your regular thanksgiving dinner??

Canadian thanksgiving was a few weeks ago. I had tofurkey, mashed potatoes, sweet potatoes, brussels sprouts, stuffing, carrots and warm pumpkin pie! I'm a vegetarian, my chickens never have to worry haha
smile.png

And in case you're wondering, yeah, it's good!

Conny3malies, what is potato balls?

We have turkey and ham (because dh hates turkey, I fed him two months of leftover turkey sandwiches because we were broke and he told me he will never eat it again), mashed potatoes, sweet potatoes, green bean casserole, stuffing, olivies and pickles, gravy, rolls, pumpkin pie, pecan pie and Grandma Dolly pie.

Oh, I am hungry!
big_smile.png

momma's chickens :

Conny3malies, what is potato balls?

We have turkey and ham (because dh hates turkey, I fed him two months of leftover turkey sandwiches because we were broke and he told me he will never eat it again), mashed potatoes, sweet potatoes, green bean casserole, stuffing, olivies and pickles, gravy, rolls, pumpkin pie, pecan pie and Grandma Dolly pie.

Oh, I am hungry!
big_smile.png

other name is potato dumplings but my family calls them balls becuse they are well ball shaped
here is a link, but i use my trusty german cookbook
http://www.grouprecipes.com/9957/kartoffelkloessen-potato-dumplings.html

We have: seasoned bread stuffing (w/ onions), wild rice w/ almonds, mushrooms & sherry, brussels sprouts au gratin,
mashed sweet potatoes, homemade cranberry sauce, homemade bread, roasted red beets w/ mustard sauce and pumpkin pie.

It's my favorite meal of the year!

Turkey
Ham
Cornbread Dressing
Mashed Taters
Gravy
Mac & Cheese
Sweet Potatoe Casserole (praline topping)

Other Veggies vary with my mood

Depends on where we go:
Dad's family - Turkey, Mashed pots., stuffing, gravy, etc.
Mom's family - Stuffed shells, spaghetti, meatballs, garlic bread (they're Italian)

My house is the Thanksgiving Day Dinner house (we all have our own holidays, thankfully we all live fairly close). I always buy a 22 to 24 lb fresh turkey and fill it with sausage stuffing (a recipe I got from Julia Child years ago), homemade cranberry sauce (another JC favorite), Pommes Anna (from Martha Stewart's first Thanskgiving special, it's squash, potatoes and apples with clarified butter and fresh thyme, absolutely delish!), something green (I usually grow my own brussel sprouts but this year I didn't, so I'll have to find something else), and whatever anyone else in the family wants to contribute. This year it's going to be smaller, though, because my husband is having surgery tomorrow and we have to see how things go from there.

Oh yea, and White Chocolate Raspberry Swirl Cheesecake for dessert. Got that recipe from Good Housekeeping back in the early 90's and it's a family staple now!

Last edited:

Back
Top Bottom