What kind if chicken is this?

MistressBrandy

In the Brooder
5 Years
Jul 14, 2014
I've been told she is a red production hen (she started roosting on my trash can here in the middle of town so we decided to
keep her) but she looks to me like she could be a red star, rir, or even a golden comet. Any guesses??

Looks like a production red to me. Definitely does not look like a RIR or a sex link (which both red star and golden comet are red sex links)

I've been told she is a red production hen (she started roosting on my trash can here in the middle of town so we decided to keep her) but she looks to me like she could be a red star, rir, or even a golden comet. Any guesses??

She looks like a PR to me. Definitely not a full RIR. It's possible she could be a red star, or golden comet as both are also RIR hybrids as well, but her coloring looks a bit off for both of those, IMO. She looks sweet. We really like our PR. They are amazingly friendly chickens when they become attached to you.

She looks like a production red to me. The darker color on the tail is the best sign. She looks to maybe be molting, leaving a lot of white fluff exposed to give the look of a red sex link, but that's temporary.

Back
Top Bottom