What kind is this little girl??

BayfrontHens

Chirping
Dec 9, 2015
I found this cutie outside the parking garage at my work this morning! I've posted her picture on my local Backyard Chicken FB page hoping someone claims her but in the meantime I have an extra coop & run I can keep her safe. She appears to be a bantam but I'm not sure. Can anyone help identify her breed and approx age? I have 6 1-yr olds (4 different breeds). If no one claims her I'll try to integrate her after a quarantine period.

Last edited:
If her legs are feathered, she's a Cochin. They are very popular in bantam size. Are gentle birds, and they tend to go broody. She is mature, so there isn't really a way to pin-point her age. She's over 6 months old, but no way to tell how much over...

I was thinking Cochin also! I've never introduced a new bird but I've read ever article possible in the last hour on how to do so safely. She's so well nourished I'm sure she's someone's backyard pet so if I can't find her owner I really want to take good care of her.

If her legs are feathered, she's a Cochin. They are very popular in bantam size. Are gentle birds, and they tend to go broody. She is mature, so there isn't really a way to pin-point her age. She's over 6 months old, but no way to tell how much over...
x2 cute little thing!

Back
Top Bottom