what kind of bird lays a jumbo egg

rotzilla

In the Brooder
12 Years
Apr 11, 2007
N.W. corner of Connecticut
does anyone know what type of bird lays jumbo eggs?
please help us.

thanks,
rotzilla

proud owner of 10 hens and 2 roos houdini and jose, rottweiler and shoo-poo too

Last edited:
A sore one!
big_smile.png

OK now seriously, we have leg horns, buff orps, barred rocks, and a couple of other breeds. some days the eggs are bigger than others some days they are smaller.

ep.gif
Hey mine are so big and this is the truth,they have 2 yokes,& 3 yokes.And it fills up the palm of my hand.The chickens are Rhode Island Reds,Red Stars,and the Turken,(Naked neck).I don`t know how those little Red Stars can lay that big of an egg,but they are over past a JUMBO.And i too have to tape the cartoon together,or put them in something else,,,Really,,If you would like to hatch some,let me know. BackSwampGirl,NC

I believe in most cased the older the chicken gets the bigger the egg, but I also imagine it depends on the type of chicken, obviously a bantam won't be laying a "jumbo" maybe jumbo for a bantam, but not a rir
ep.gif

I can only go by eggs that Im hatching, since I have none old enough to lay, but of the eggs in the incubator, the largest eggs are the EE's from Jody. I also got some buff brahma eggs that Im incubating right now that are enormous.

Back
Top Bottom