What Kind of chick is this chicky??

Stormy

Chirping
13 Years
Jun 7, 2008
South Carolina
I have 25 "brown egg layers" and two "easter eggers". They are 3 weeks old. I moved them out to the coop 3 days ago. THIS one is by far my favorite. She is assertive and curious. She comes up to me whenever she sees me. She is always the first one to run to check out something new. I have named her Bella. I have NO CLUE what kind of chick she is though. Perhaps someone with more experience can help me identify her?
100_8867.jpg

100_8870.jpg

Oh boy, I don't know what her born colors were. This is my first batch of chicks and they sent 28 - I was so focused on the PROCESS of keeping them alive (clean water, dry bedding, food, temp 95, etc), that I didn't take note. This chick didn't stand out from the crowd until today - their third day out in the coop. Here is a picture of all them on the day of arrival...but I don't know which yellow one she is in this bunch. I can tell you that one of those yellow chicks has since died (note also the yellow that was dead on arrival). Leaving but ONE yellow. But I don't know which of these two yellow living chicks in this picture is the now-spirited Bella.

100_8382.jpg

u know whats funny is in that pic they look like white leghorn, but the leg colors of the white rock, im leaning on white rock.
smile.png
u have two white rocks, it looks.
they are so cute.

Last edited:
I'm a total newbie here - but she looks like my White Rock chicks, who are 3 weeks old today.
smile.png
Oh - and they lay brown eggs. From McMurray website:

http://www.mcmurrayhatchery.com/product/white_rocks.html

Our White Rock pullets are outstanding for egg production the entire year, and are especially desirable through the cold winter months when lighter breeds slack off. They lay a brown egg of fine quality and size. The rapid growth, white, easy-to- dress feathers, and golden yellow skin of the cockerels of our strain make them equally desirable. Raise some for the frying pan or roaster. They are compact and well fleshed at almost any age. They are all big birds, hens reaching 6 to 7 lbs. and cocks 8 to 9 lbs. A flock of these pure white birds ranging busily over a grassy field is one of the prettiest sights you will ever see. Baby chicks are a creamy white and may show a touch of gray smokiness.

Back
Top Bottom