What kind of chicken and is it a boy or girl?

Nattydson

Chirping
Aug 10, 2023
Hello,

I bought chicks from craigslist.
That was a valuable lesson in and of itself.
Anyway, one of them I thought was growing up to be a hen. My roosters hump her and she doesn’t have a large comb. Then she started crowing, only her crow sounds different from my other two roosters. Like instead of cock a doodle do, its like cock doooooooooooo.
Then i noticed the bird in question started humping all of the hens, and generally walks around fluffing her wings up, and strutting around like a rooster.
What do you all think? I am an extremely novice chicken owner, just under 1 year of experience.

Attachments

• IMG_1646.jpeg
    IMG_1646.jpeg
    766.5 KB · Views: 46
  • IMG_1648.jpeg
    IMG_1648.jpeg
    967.6 KB · Views: 27
  • IMG_1649.jpeg
    IMG_1649.jpeg
    921.4 KB · Views: 27
Hello,

I bought chicks from craigslist.
That was a valuable lesson in and of itself.
Anyway, one of them I thought was growing up to be a hen. My roosters hump her and she doesn’t have a large comb. Then she started crowing, only her crow sounds different from my other two roosters. Like instead of cock a doodle do, its like cock doooooooooooo.
Then i noticed the bird in question started humping all of the hens, and generally walks around fluffing her wings up, and strutting around like a rooster.
What do you all think? I am an extremely novice chicken owner, just under 1 year of experience.
That's a cockeral.

Back
Top Bottom