What kind of chicken is this?

fairy fox

In the Brooder
May 12, 2016
Texas

This is my chicken named big head (they had a really big head as a baby....and the name stuck), and i bought her along with a couple other chicks labelled "sussex" or something at tractor supply. While the others grew rapidly and into big fat white colored chickens, this one didnt grow as fast, and turned out to be much prettier and different, so now im assuming that it was a different breed mixed in with the sussex at tractor supply. Anybody have a clue on what my lil' big head may be?

Thanks, Alex!

I just did a quick reading about Easter eggers, and it says that most lay rather large eggs. I can hardly imagine Big head laying such big eggs with her being so little! Perhaps she'll grow as big and mighty as she likes to act around the other chickens.

Thanks, Alex!

I just did a quick reading about Easter eggers, and it says that most lay rather large eggs. I can hardly imagine Big head laying such big eggs with her being so little! Perhaps she'll grow as big and mighty as she likes to act around the other chickens.

You're welcome!
263a.png
And then there are birds like my 8 lb. Blue Laced Red Wyandotte who lays the dinkiest eggs of the bunch! It's pretty hilarious, actually.

~Alex

Last edited:

Back
Top Bottom