What kind of chicken is this??

FlockinAround

Chirping
May 3, 2023
Near Los Angeles
This is Jessy- 14 weeks old. We purchased day-olds at a local feed store and the crate was labeled "blue sex link bantam" and we are very curious to find out more from folks who know! What kind of chicken is this? Is it a sex link? Def a hen? Thoughts?? We're stumped! (first time chicken owners and our other two are a black australorp and a lav orp)
363333328_10229667685297659_791901247517090141_n.jpg
362305495_10229667685137655_6087523839243576296_n.jpg
362932993_10229667685017652_1329906360016611944_n.jpg
363309799_10229667684817647_2931995776016690972_n.jpg

Definitely a female! By this time they would have/get their pointy saddle, hackle feathers, and have large wattles and combs. The only male I see is the black chicken in the 3rd photo on the righthand side. He’s a very beautiful boy!

Definitely a female! By this time they would have/get their pointy saddle, hackle feathers, and have large wattles and combs. The only male I see is the black chicken in the 3rd photo on the righthand side. He’s a very beautiful boy!
Thank you! We are stumped as to what breed she is! and yes- Charizard is a roo for sure- he just finished an 11-crow "how-do-ya-do" as I typed this! He's so gorgeous and soooo sweet but we aren't zoned for roos sadly- so we are trying to find him a loving home near by where we can visit from time to time <3

Thank you! We are stumped as to what breed she is! and yes- Charizard is a roo for sure- he just finished an 11-crow "how-do-ya-do" as I typed this! He's so gorgeous and soooo sweet but we aren't zoned for roos sadly- so we are trying to find him a loving home near by where we can visit from time to time <3
Hopefully you can find an amazing home for him! He seems like a very sweet boy.

I could be wrong but with a name like blue sex link it seems to me it would be along the lines of what the hatcheries are calling a blue sapphire but i've never seen it in a bantam. Also doesn't look to bantam to me. If so it would be a hybrid.

I could be wrong but with a name like blue sex link it seems to me it would be along the lines of what the hatcheries are calling a blue sapphire but i've never seen it in a bantam. Also doesn't look to bantam to me. If so it would be a hybrid.
thank you so much for your reply! Ya- she's the same size as the orp! I found a pic online of a sapphire that kind of looks like her, and something that was an EE but the EE had yellow legs- she's our mystery chicken for sure!

thank you so much for your reply! Ya- she's the same size as the orp! I found a pic online of a sapphire that kind of looks like her, and something that was an EE but the EE had yellow legs- she's our mystery chicken for sure!
Could still be an EE or an olive egger. Black, blue, green, black washed, slate are all common EE/OE leg colors - they can have any color legs and any color feathers and skin. At this point I'd be waiting on egg color to help narrow it down.

Pretty pullet!!!

Could still be an EE or an olive egger. Black, blue, green, black washed, slate are all common EE/OE leg colors - they can have any color legs and any color feathers and skin. At this point I'd be waiting on egg color to help narrow it down.

Pretty pullet!!!
wow! Thanks! We are excited to see, I'll absolutely update later when there are eggs!

Back
Top Bottom