What kind of chicken is this?

sierraborden

Hatching
7 Years
May 3, 2012
Hello,
I bought several chickens from a local feed store years ago, and they were supposed to be Rhode Island Reds. However, the female ended up being a Golden Sex Link, but I have not yet been able to ID the Rooster. Does anyone know what kind he appears to be? He is very large and his tail feathers are blue/green and black/white.
Thanks!

never heard of a crele orpington, only a lemon cuckoo orp. but the one in question looks like a very handsome mutt a side shot of him standing would help

This is my friend's rooster. His legs are whitish with a slight yellowish tinge. I will see if we can get a better side shot of him standing.

Pic is a Crele Orpington from UK.

My guess would be Crele Orpington. Beautiful roo! There are members of BYC with a Crele Orpington Project.

From what I read Crele Orpington was started in Demark. It can be found across Europe. The UK has some well established breeders of the Crele Orpingtons. "This rare breed was developed in Denmark and is currently being perfected in the US."

Thanks! This looks just like him (Crele Orpington), esp. before his molt last year. Here is another picture of him:

Last edited:

Back
Top Bottom