What kind of chickens are these?

thriftypines

In the Brooder
5 Years
Nov 6, 2014

What breed chicken is this with the feathers on feet? I know the Rhode Island Red and Barred Rock. I do not know what the other 3 are.

The center one is a salmon Faverolles. I also see a buff Orpington. The white with black hackles could be one of several breeds depending on comb and leg color.

The white one is a light brahma if she has feathered feet as well. The red one is not a RIR. More than likely a sexlink. RIR do not have any white.

Last edited:
Red star,golden buff, red sex links, an golden comets are different names for the same thing. So yes the reddish brown is a red star.

Last edited:
I agree with everyone else. The buff chicken on the right is most likely a Buff Orpington. Could you also get a closer picture of the white chicken with the black hackles? It could be a few different breeds depending on the comb, leg color, and feet.

Last edited:
You have a Red Sex Link hen, a Light Brahma hen (assuming the legs are feathered), a Salmon Faverolle hen, and a Buff Orpington hen on the far right. I can't really see the comb and legs well on the barred hen in the back, but if she has a rose comb and yellow legs, then she is a Dominique, if she has a single comb and yellow legs, she is a Barred Rock, and if she has a single comb and whitish or pinkish legs, she is a Cuckoo Marans.

The Buff bird looks like a Buff Minorca.
Way to small/ skinny to be a Orpington, it also looks to have White earlobes.

The Buff bird looks like a Buff Minorca.
Way to small/ skinny to be a Orpington, it also looks to have White earlobes.
Actually, I think you're right. The bird is a bit blurry and turned at a bad angle to get a good look at the earlobe, but what I can see of it does look as though it is white.

Back
Top Bottom