What kind of chickens are these?

Discussion in 'What Breed Or Gender is This?' started by thriftypines, Nov 6, 2014.

1. thriftypines

thriftypines New Egg

Nov 6, 2014
    [​IMG]
    What breed chicken is this with the feathers on feet? I know the Rhode Island Red and Barred Rock. I do not know what the other 3 are.

2. keesmom

keesmom Overrun With Chickens

Jul 28, 2008
    MA
    The center one is a salmon Faverolles. I also see a buff Orpington. The white with black hackles could be one of several breeds depending on comb and leg color.

3. Percheron chick

Percheron chick Chillin' With My Peeps

Apr 12, 2013
    Boulder, Colorado
    The white one is a light brahma if she has feathered feet as well. The red one is not a RIR. More than likely a sexlink. RIR do not have any white.

Last edited: Nov 6, 2014
  4. thriftypines

thriftypines New Egg

Nov 6, 2014
    Could the brown one be a red star?

5. Sunshine0235

Sunshine0235 Chillin' With My Peeps

Jun 2, 2011
    Lebanon Ohio
    Red star,golden buff, red sex links, an golden comets are different names for the same thing. So yes the reddish brown is a red star.

6. Veer67

Veer67 Chillin' With My Peeps

I agree with everyone else. The buff chicken on the right is most likely a Buff Orpington. Could you also get a closer picture of the white chicken with the black hackles? It could be a few different breeds depending on the comb, leg color, and feet.

7. Michael OShay

Michael OShay Chicken Obsessed

May 14, 2014
    Montana
    You have a Red Sex Link hen, a Light Brahma hen (assuming the legs are feathered), a Salmon Faverolle hen, and a Buff Orpington hen on the far right. I can't really see the comb and legs well on the barred hen in the back, but if she has a rose comb and yellow legs, then she is a Dominique, if she has a single comb and yellow legs, she is a Barred Rock, and if she has a single comb and whitish or pinkish legs, she is a Cuckoo Marans.

8. Chris09

Chris09 Circle (M) Ranch

Jun 1, 2009
    Ohio
    The Buff bird looks like a Buff Minorca.
    Way to small/ skinny to be a Orpington, it also looks to have White earlobes.

9. Michael OShay

Michael OShay Chicken Obsessed

May 14, 2014
    Montana
    Actually, I think you're right. The bird is a bit blurry and turned at a bad angle to get a good look at the earlobe, but what I can see of it does look as though it is white.

10. Veer67

Veer67 Chillin' With My Peeps

x3. After looking closer I think I see the white earlobes.

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by