What kind of Cochin are these!?

Sarahgonzales17

In the Brooder
Sep 7, 2019
Texas
F464FF90-8217-49FB-9BE2-97C37F21FBFD.jpeg
1D7AC204-6F59-48DD-B99B-0DE97670EFD0.jpeg
tsc said cochin straight run. I got 2 of this kind. What type of Cochin are they?

Also, any tips on sexing them?
Thanks!

When I buy chicks at the feed store that is straight run i buy the ones with the longest wing feathers. Reason being, females have the two defined rows at that early age whereas males have one. Therefore at 4-5 days old there is a good difference. Genetics can affect them as well as individual issues. But like on your birds, one is quite feathery and one is behind. For me, that usually is the pullets that do well with feathering a little quicker. Just my opinion though as a chickenaholic who buys way too many baby chicks..

When I buy chicks at the feed store that is straight run i buy the ones with the longest wing feathers. Reason being, females have the two defined rows at that early age whereas males have one. Therefore at 4-5 days old there is a good difference. Genetics can affect them as well as individual issues. But like on your birds, one is quite feathery and one is behind. For me, that usually is the pullets that do well with feathering a little quicker. Just my opinion though as a chickenaholic who buys way too many baby chicks..

That’s a very good advice! I’m a year and a half into my chicken addiction and I’m really starting to take off haha. These tips are going down in my notes for sure! Thank you!

Back
Top Bottom