What kind of color would you call this Americauna roo?

chickenlver2013

Songster
6 Years
Mar 26, 2013
Bean-Station, Tennessee
I bought this guy along with his brother as babies last summer. What color would you call him? I've researched and researched and can't seem to find his color type. Any tips or ideas?

Note: he is Peed off In this pic.

Ok I've had different people on here tell me different. I have had people on here say he is an Ameraucana and I have had people on here tell me he is an Easter Egger. What is he? He has slate blue legs not green.

Araucanas are rumpless and will either be tufted or clean faced but will not have muffs and a beard. Yours has muffs and a small beard.
Here is a picture of a true silver ameraucana male from the ameraucana club website so you can see the difference between your ee and a true ameraucana

lfsilverm.JPG

It sounds like the woman you bought them from got chicks from a feed store or hatchery and doesn't know what she has, it happens a lot because the chicks are mislabeled from the hatcheries. .

T
Araucanas are rumpless and will either be tufted or clean faced but will not have muffs and a beard. Yours has muffs and a small beard. 
Here is a picture of a true silver ameraucana male from the ameraucana club website so you can see the difference between your ee and a true ameraucana

lfsilverm.JPG
that looks exactly like mine! Same plumage and legs! Thanks!!

No he doesn't look like the rooster you posted a picture of at the start of the thread. Look hard at what feathers are what color and you will see the difference.

Yes, he is somewhat similar to a silver, but the coloration is not correct. Birds that are not correctly colored are not true Ameraucanas, but are usually called Easter Eggers. He is definitely not an Araucana - go to their thread and check some pictures out, you will see that clearly.

Back
Top Bottom