What kind of dishwasher do you have?

We have a Bosch dishwasher and it's so quiet I often accidentally open it while it's running, because I can't hear that it's on. Unfortunately our well water here has a lot of minerals and it and it messed up the pump in the dishwasher, so until we can get it fixed or replaced with another Bosch we're doing them by hand.

Honestly, because our kitchen is at the far end of the house, two rooms away from the living room, I don't care about how quiet a dishwasher is. I'm most concerned with 1) price and 2) how well it works. The Maytag I listed earlier got good reviews, other than the quiet part. I've never had a Maytag before so I'm kind of nervous about getting one. But then, my Whirlpool caught on fire, so when you put in perspective...
hmm.png

Quote:
FYI when shopping for a new dryer with my grandmother the sales guy told us Maytags are made by Whilrpool now, you just pay more for the Maytag name. I know, disapointing, I have nearly 30 year old Maytag washer and dryer (so did gram) just like the say, they dont make em like they used to.

by the way, I have one of those 15 or so year old Kenmores others have mentioned, its loud and the door springs have broken (they werent made to hold a 7 year old looking for cookies) but it does the job.

Last edited:
I just bought one! Top rated dishwasher under $500 according to... http://www.dishwasher-ratings.com/GLD4406RBB.html and I found it on sale at Home Depot. The sale started 12/24 and ends TODAY, so I went ahead and got it at $359.10 +tax + installation kit (required) for a grand total of $408.47!! It will be delivered (free) in a week!
ya.gif

Our washer and dryer are GEs and, so far, they haven't given us any trouble. Hope we can say the same about our new dishwasher!
fl.gif

We have a Whirlpool that came with the house when DH bought it brand-new in 1992. We recently learned (via a BYC member!) that it was recalled in 1996 due to a fire hazard!
th.gif
We have been lucky to not have issues. I voted for not using it anymore...DH said that we can use it if we are home and if it catches fire, it'll be a good excuse to get new counter tops!
lau.gif
He also added that the fire extinguisher is in cupboard below the kitchen sink with a second one on the wall in the garage...both charged.
hmm.png
Meanwhile, we are planning on buying a new dishwasher within the next couple months when finances are a bit more stable.

Back
Top Bottom