What kind of duck is this

The brown one is most likely Golden 300. I got a duckling just like yours from TSC and I went through the same struggle trying to figure out what it was and finally figured out she was a Golden 300.

The mystery one in question appears to have similarities to Silver Appleyard, with 2 significant differences. Bill and leg color look dark. Silver Appleyard ducklings should have orange bills and feet.

It looks to match the description of Snowy or Overberg.
These yellow ducklings look like they've been air-brushed with coal dust. The gray blush is usually heaviest on the head, lower back and tail. For the first couple of days, ducklings can be sexed with fair accuracy by bill color - most drakelets have gray or dark green bills, while the majority of ducklets have yellow or tan bills with a dark tip. Legs and feet are gray or green with yellow shading.
(Holderread, 2011)

Keep sharing pictures as it gets older. We'll all be curious to see how it turns out!

The black ones with white on the chest are black swedish ducks, i know because i have a splash swedish duck i guess im only good with swedish ducks, im guessing u have 1 cayuga im not sure those tend to have a green on the feathers though not that sure. The yellow one looks like an appleyard. A pic will be down below same one that looks like your duck. Very beautiful ducks by the way!

Last edited:
9CF28906-6567-4DC3-9A59-FAB78D57D50F.png

I agree it looks like either a SA or golden 300. Do you have any pictures of it when it was little? That might help.

They don’t look like Runners to me.

The mother duck in the picture looks like a Bantam Silver Appleyard.
These are the first pictures Ive taken of them. :oops:
But the color hasn't changed at all.

I'll have to search out Golden 300 baby photos. I've seen pictures of adults.

Back
Top Bottom