What kind of duck is this?

petitesphinx

Songster
11 Years
Aug 20, 2008
Alabama
He's our newest rescuee and has had a bit of bad luck with his poor bill. It curves to the side and looks like it's dripping off. His tongue is exposed and he eats by putting his head on the ground and shoveling the food in his mouth.

He was so pitiful, I knew no one would want him for anything but duck meat oh la la, so I took him in and let him live in our pond. I have no clue what type he is or how old. I just know that he's a sweetie and needs some lovin'. heheh

2860380118_3e190cf533_b.jpg

Last edited:
Gosh, poor thing. He's a good looking bird with a "wry grin". I hope he manages okay. I hope his tongue won't freeze in the winter...

big_smile.png
Yes It's a Rouen Male It's so Good of you to give the poor fellow a home. I have Rouens and they make vey nice pets. Do you have anyother ducks? Mine always like to snuggle with each other.
hugs.gif
Let us know how he gets along and if you pick out a name for him. Thanks again for giving the guy a home
clap.gif
Karan

I am sure others would do a much better job guessing his breed, but he sure does look happy with all his buddies now!!

I had a goose named Snuffy, she had the same beak problem.
Here is a picture of her..she is the Embden (white one).

524_misc_095.jpg

Back
Top Bottom