What kind of duck?

carzan

In the Brooder
Jun 20, 2016
Western KY
Hello! I posted a thread several weeks about my Hubert who I helped hatch! He/she is doing great! My other ducks hatched as well and now I have 5 babies. The mom and dad we had bought off Facebook and they look and were called Rouen. Now I'm questioning things because all 5 babies I hatched out came out solid black. Someone told me they do not look like rouen ducks. They are between 6 and 2 weeks old and are still all black. This is my first hatching experiance so I wanted to come to the experts :) Can rouen ducklings just be solid black? I'm going to try to post some pics too!

Last edited:
Cayuga?
hmm.png

We were told that both the female and male are Rouen.. they had purchased them at rural king as babies but we bought them as a pair as adults. A few people have said our ducklings do not look rouen.. I know they came from them for sure because we had no other adult ducks at the time lol. It's just strange they are solid black.. feet, beaks and everything!

Better picture of mom... Not the white one lol. The white one is only 3 months old and lived with our goats until recently.

Last edited:
@WVduckchick @RavynFallen @PotatoWaffles you guys helped me hatch my first a while back. Any idea how they are all black? Is that normal? Lol

Back
Top Bottom