What kind of ducks are these?

Discussion in 'Ducks' started by 8GeeseALaying, Mar 20, 2015.

1. I just got these ducks last fall they were only a few months old then. Im new to ducks. Could someone identify what breed they might be?
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    I can post more if needed. The two drakes look like washed out mallard drakes

Edit: these pics were taken last year when they were half grown

Last edited: Mar 20, 2015
  2. fishingmissymom

fishingmissymom New Egg

Feb 9, 2015
    Mixed call ducks if they can fly and are very noisy

3. Never flew and not noisey. Way bigger than any call duck

Last edited: Mar 20, 2015
  4. fishingmissymom

fishingmissymom New Egg

Feb 9, 2015
    Peaking mallards cross

5. aeelish

aeelish Out Of The Brooder

Mar 20, 2015
    Im sorry to ask this question here but how do i post a question

6. They also lay a greenish egg

7. Ryan521

Ryan521 Chillin' With My Peeps

Feb 22, 2012
    Knoxville, Tennessee
    They make me think of runner, blue Swedish, and mallard or ruen crosses.

8. Thanks. There is a pure chocolate runner in the pics i got her seperate. I thought one looked like a blue ancona but the others as you can see are buff and white, brown and white hens and washed out mallard colored drakes.
    I was wrong about the egg color i washed it off a little better and its white not green.
    Here is my blue and white hen that i thought was ancona.
    [​IMG]
    Maybe they have a little of everything in them? They are nice ducks regardless.

1 person likes this.
  9. jtn42248

jtn42248 Overrun With Chickens

First let me disclaim being any sort of expert on duck breeds. I have Khakis and Cayugas which are both pretty easy to identify. Your pictures show a mix of breeds. In the first picture there are some that remind me of Anconas but maybe a mix? Another picture I am pretty sure I see a Saxony. There may be some Buff Oprington mix in there as well.

Really nice pond...wish I had something like that but in West Texas I would have to fight of water theives.

Oh, and I think I spotted a couple of Pink Flamingos in one picture. How did you ever get them to hold so steady for a picture?????

10. needlessjunk

needlessjunk Chillin' With My Peeps

May 19, 2014
    Round Rock, TX
    They look like mixes to me. Also with the eggs only the bloom is colors and if you scrub or wash them it will come off and leave a white egg. My Cayuga lays a green egg that turns white if I scrub it. They are very cute!

Last edited: Mar 21, 2015

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by