What kind of ducks do I have??

Maybe if you got enough windows the moonlight would be enough? Mine have no windows it's made of pallets so has spaces between every board and whole top is vented. Mine are noisy when I first shut the door and when they hear me coming or talking in morning but quiet and calm once settled in.

Yes they are usually well-behaved and dont get phased by the dogs or anything on the other side of the fence during the day. Probably over thinking it. I will definitely find a better solution to lighting for them.

The thing is most birds can't see at night, so if they hear something they spook or are just a bit nervous about not being able to see. There have been places where something spooks a flock of wild birds off roost at night and they find a bunch of dead birds from flying into stuff due to not being able to see. So it may be something as simple as they aren't feeling secure about where they are before it gets too dark for em . Or they are just skittish about not seeing what may or may not be coming.

Even when we had them in the house and turning the lights off. They go crazy....diva ducks. I want them to feel and be as safe and secure as possible. I have a few ideas and a little better idea of what I can do to make it more practical.

Maybe if you got enough windows the moonlight would be enough? Mine have no windows it's made of pallets so has spaces between every board and whole top is vented. Mine are noisy when I first shut the door and when they hear me coming or talking in morning but quiet and calm once settled in.
Our ducks are just like this.

Updated my house with a small battery powered LED tube light mounted to the bearing beam facing upwards. Lights the house a little more than the heat lamp even in the dim setting and gives little to no heat.

and no risk of them hurting their eyes which was a main worry for me. The things we do for our pets.

Back
Top Bottom